WoW Wednesday: What Was Missing in Patch 7.3.5

Patch 7.3.5 has just dropped and honestly, I couldn’t be sadder. There were so many announcements made and datamining that popped up, but so much of it wasn’t even launched with Patch 7.3.5. Also, Blizzard is back at it again with their time-gating content, forcing us to wait until the following week to see what the next part of the storyline is going to be. So let’s take a look at what was missing in Patch 7.3.5 contentwise in this WoW Wednesday. Don’t worry, I won’t be covering any story spoilers in this article.

 

Seething Shore

The biggest thing I was looking forward to from this Patch was the new Battleground Seething Shore. After the Blizzcon announcement, PTR testing, and even being in the Patch notes the Seething Shore didn’t drop with Patch 7.3.5. Sadly, we are going to have to wait for the time-gated storyline in Silithus to unfold before we will be able to play this new Battleground.

Seething Shore

 

Silithus: The Wound (Story Line)

Another piece that didn’t come with Patch 7.3.5 is the ENTIRE storyline of Silithus. Now before you start yelling at me saying, “It makes sense to time gate the storyline!” I get it, I really do, but I really hate having to wait each week to get a new piece of the story. The Silithus storyline will be broken up into pieces that will be released on a weekly basis. Again, I get that it makes sense in the long run, but I’m the kind of person who likes to go through the entire story all at once.

 

Allied Races

Now I know that at Blizzcon Allied Races were announced to be released with the new expansion, Battle for Azeroth, but with all of the datamining showing us that so much of the Allied Races were actually in Patch 7.3.5, it got many of us excited. I would have been a bit skeptical if it were just a few items being shown in the Patch about the Allied Races, but we were shown achievements, quest hubs, racials, and so much more. Many of us thought that with the new level scaling it was the perfect time to release the new races but now we are left holding out hope that maybe they might be tied to a pre-order bonus for Battle for Azeroth like the Demon Hunters were with Legion.

Battle for Azeroth What Was Missing in Patch 7.3.5

 

Personal Thoughts

Honestly, I thought this Patch was really going to bring me back into the game again. I was ready to level with the new level scaling tech in place and really farm the heck out of the Seething Shore. However, the level scaling isn’t all that great to me personally. I thought when it was announced you could leave the starting zone and go to let’s say Western Plauguelands, but the minimum level going into specific zones didn’t really change.

Other than the new Battleground and the new storyline (whenever it’s fully released), there is nothing else that has truly changed with this new Patch. Finally, you can buy Legendaries but even that is too little too late, and with them costing 1000 Wakening Essence for one random Legendary, it’s just another carrot on a stick to keep us farming the old content.

I still have the little things that keep me playing WoW for now, and hopefully, we get the Seething Shore soon, or maybe those Allied Races so I can start leveling to get that sweet Heritage Armor. But let us know what you think about Patch 7.3.5. Am I being too harsh? Or do you agree? Let us know in the comments below.

Related: , , ,

Related:

Comments